Getting Started: Creating & Previewing Courses
MathXL provides complete online courses for Pearson Education textbooks in Mathematics and Statistics.
You can create online courses in MathXL for as many textbooks as you like, and you can choose whether to make each course available to your students. You can preview and customize a course before allowing students to enroll in it.
Creating a course is easy. Once you have registered for MathXL, the program's Course Manager walks you through the following simple steps to create your first course:
- selecting your textbook
- making your course available or unavailable to your students
- deciding which chapters, sections, and (for select courses) objectives from your textbook you wish to cover
- setting the availability of multimedia learning aids (select courses only)
- using the MathXL Installation Wizard to install plug-ins and players that allow you to access the rich online content in your course
For detailed instructions on how to create a course in MathXL and make it available to your students:
- Log in to MathXL, and use the Online Help to search the Table of Contents or the Index for topics related to setting up MathXL courses.
More information on using MathXL can be found in the Support section. Online help is also available from within your MathXL course.